The UK government has recently opened its new immigration program to qualified Indians, with 2400 visas available under the first ballot. One of the best features of this program is that applicants can enter the ballot without paying any fees, and they can also apply for a UK visa without needing a sponsor or a job offer.
According to an update from the British High Commission in India, Indian citizens who meet certain requirements and are between 18 and 30 years old can participate in the ballot for the new UK immigration program. Individuals are permitted to travel in and out of the UK at any time during the validity of their visa.
To apply for the Young Professionals Scheme, eligible candidates must participate in the ballot between February 28 and March 2. If not selected in the first round, they can apply for the next ballot in July.
UK Visa Eligibility Criteria
You must meet the following criteria:
- Obtain a Bachelor’s degree or higher level qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) at levels 6, 7 or 8
- Must be an Indian Citizen or National aged between 18 and 30
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old on the intended travel date to the UK
- Having savings of at least USD 2,530 to cover living expenses in the UK
- Shouldn’t have any dependent children under the age of 18 living with them or for whom they are financially responsible
Steps To Apply For The Visa
Below are the steps to follow in order to apply for the visa:
- If eligible, participate in the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot
- If an individual is selected in the ballot, they will receive an invitation to apply
- The applicant needs to collect all the necessary application documents to apply for the visa
- Submit the visa application
Application Documents to Apply for the Visa
- Must have a Valid Passport
- Bank account statement demonstrating a balance of at least £2,530
- Proof of qualifications
- Tuberculosis test results (if residing in India)
- Clearance certificate from India
- A blank passport page for the visa