This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly-qualified external auditor to join a high-performing Banking & Capital Markets team in either their Edinburgh or Glasgow offices and gain exposure to some of the largest and most complex organisations in this sector. These firms are operating at the heart of the UK economy and you will have direct access to key stakeholders within these organisations, allowing you to establish and build your network and aid with future career growth.
Due to recent high-profile audit wins our client is looking to expand their team by adding high performing and ambitious individuals.
This is an organisation that encourages flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for their people and our clients.
As a member of our team, reporting to a Manager or Senior Manager, you will have responsibility for:
- Field managing audit engagements, including management of day to day client relationships;
- Planning and delivering a range of audit services;
- Helping to challenge the way we do things and develop new ways of working through innovation and transformation;
- Participating in business development, including audit tenders;
- Helping to develop their audit function through thought leadership to deliver insight to clients;
- Participating in practice management activities, including facilitation of internal training courses; and
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Candidates should be auditors and hold a relevant accounting qualification, such as the ACA or ACCA;
- Experience performing external audits and assurance engagements, ideally within banking and financial services, but not essential;
- Experience managing small to medium sized audit engagements and managing audit teams;
- Knowledge of auditing techniques including risk assessment, scoping, devising and audit approach, controls testing and substantive testing;
- Report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Management and organisational skills; and
- Proven ability to use initiative, adapt solve problems.
We are recruiting for multiple roles at this level due to a high volume of client wins. Our client can offer you a structured and varied career path, the opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the market, a flexible working pattern and a competitive remuneration package.
Please note Tier 2 visa sponsorship is not available at this time. If however you are soon to be eligible for ILR then this cost can potentially be accommodated.
Cambridge Credentials – Adding people…adding value