The post holder will undertake all tasks appropriate to the grade of Endoscope Decontamination Technician throughout Board’s Endoscope Decontamination Units.
Key aspects of the post include;
- Manual Cleaning
- Re assembly
It will be a requirement of all post-holders to become multi-skilled in all zones of the EDU in order to satisfy all the requirements of the post. Once fully trained in all the zones of the EDU, staff will be rostered in such a way as to rotate through the various zones on a regular basis.
There may be a need to move between all decontamination locations within NHSL.
Additional Information Specific To The Role
The specification/duties of the EDU Technician may include but are not limited to:
- Accurate inspection, manual cleaning, correct loading of Endoscope Washer Disinfectors of all flexible scopes for use in surgical procedures to ensure continuing customer satisfaction for the benefit of patient care.
- Cleaning of flexible scope equipment to comply with Decontamination Standards.
- Compliance with all Departmental/ Divisional Health and Safety Fire, Security and other policies /regulations to ensure safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Correct/safe operation of washer disinfectors, drying cabinets and all other EDU equipment to ensure compliance with testing regime and SHTM2030.
- Operation of equipment to ensure tracking and traceability from EDU to each individual patient is achieved.
- Ensure completion of documentation to ensure tracking and traceability of equipment through the decontamination process.
- Carry out duties/daily test as operator as defined in SHTM2030
Knowledge of personal care and related procedures or previous volunteer or work experience in a health, education or social care environment.
Required to undertake on the job training and induction.
Informal enquiries regarding the post will be welcomed by Andrew Stewart, Endoscopy Decontamination Unit Team Leader, onor
If you have any queries regarding the application form or recruitment process, please contact Bradlay Lang, Recruitment Administrator, on.
Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the advert once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.
Whilst this advertisement may be for a specific post(s) in a particular location, applicants who are shortlisted for interview may be considered for similar vacancies in alternative locations.
Applications from candidates who require a Tier 2 Certificate of sponsorship (formerly Work Permits) will only be considered if no suitable UK or EEA national is identified for this post. For further information on the UK Border Agency’s new points based System which now governs the way individuals from outside the EEA can work in the UK please visit .