SOUTHBANK INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
We seek a vibrant, well-qualified, and committed teacher of English to deliver lessons from Grade 6 – 12 (Year 6-13). The lessons will form part of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme, with the possibility of some teaching in Grades 11-12 (Years 12 and 13) for the IB Diploma Programme. Previous experience of IB teaching will be an advantage, but of prime importance is a love of the subject and the energy and knowledge to foster this same passion in students.
The Successful Applicant Will Have
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- relevant teaching experience
- a proven record of excellent teaching
- excellent subject knowledge
- join a highly experienced and supportive team
- work in collaboration with colleagues and attend both training and planning sessions
- foster good links with parents and attend parent-student-teacher meetings and conferences
The Successful Candidate Will Be Expected To
- meet all work deadlines
- ensure that student assessment is regular and consistent and that students learn from it
- contribute to the pastoral life and extracurricular activities of the school
- be internationally-minded and sympathetic to the values of the IB
The School is unable to offer Tier 2 sponsorship for this role. Please ensure that you already have the legal right to work and reside in the UK.
To apply for this role please complete the application form and return by email via the button below. Please note we do not accept CVs for this role. Further details regarding the role can be found in the candidate brief.
When returning your completed application form please ensure that your application form is saved as Surname, First Name – Job Role.
Closing date for applications 07 October 2020
Southbank International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any country a candidate has lived or worked overseas for three months or more in the past ten years or completed their teacher training outside of the UK.