I have a very good opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer / Mechanic, the role is Dublin based, with some travel, approximately 25%, throughout Ireland.
My client is a well-established company with operations in most European countries, they manufacture and supply specialists parts for various industries.
Package: They are offering an excellent package: €40K – €45k Basic Salary plus Bonus, Pension, Health cover and a company vehicle, laptop and phone. This is a full time, permanent position.
The position involves dealing directly with our clients so you must have very good interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Description and overview:
- Visit customer premises to carry out repairs, maintenance overhauls and warranty checks.
- Use diagnostic software to assess, evaluate and repair commercial diesel engines, hgv engines, transmissions and the like.
- Supports our customers’ on site mechanics and engineers with training and backup.
- Visit our customers on site for pre-delivery inspections and evaluations
- Assist with technical support for our customers and their managers and sales reps.
- Assist with onsite product training for our customers, including operation of software for diagnostic testing.
- Maintain daily reports for warranties, invoicing etc.
- Order parts and assist with inventory control
Personal Skills and Experience:
- Ideally you will be an apprenticeship trained heavy goods vehicle mechanic, with 5 years + experience repairing and maintaining the likes of hgv engines, heavy diesel engines, heavy goods vehicles, commercial or rail. Mechanics who are qualified by experience only, would need 10 years + experience and have very good diagnostic skills using Heavy Vehicle / Commercial Vehicle Diagnostic Software Tools.
- We are looking for an experienced and confident service engineer / mechanic with excellent interpersonal skills, good judgement and with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Have good IT skills, diagnostic software experience and report writing skills.
- A clean driving licence.