Duvas Technologies Ltd is a leader in state of the art, flexible, real time, cost effective and intelligent air quality sensing and monitoring systems for the Air Quality Monitoring, Security and Oil & Gas sectors.
Duvas now has an opportunity for a Junior Applications Engineer to join its team in Banbury.
An Junior Applications Engineer with skills in Gas Detection and/or Analysis, Spectroscopy, Analytical Chemistry, Instrumentation to develop new applications for Duvas instruments and develop new instrumentation based on UV Spectroscopy by DOAS and other techniques. To technically support the business and to play a key part in current and future product test and development activity. Supporting alignment of technical activity with the growth targets of the company, ensuring that such business is at all times carried out with a commercial mindset. The role will effectively collaborate with the wider team and external business partners to actively promote and achieve the company`s business targets.
The position will be directly responsible and report to the Senior Applications Engineer.
Key responsibilities and objectives
- Support manufacture and R&D efforts
- To support the company in providing analytical support for customer applications.
- Assemble, test, evaluate, modify and calibrate the product.
- Analyse and interpret data.
- Provide technical support to the science team.
- Execute agreed activities on time, keeping records when required and necessary.
- Provide relevant feedback and contribute to on-going process and product improvements.
- Continually seek to improve product quality and reduction in build cost.
- Develop and maintain open and effective communications within the business.
- Must be self-disciplined, organised, presentable to customers, willing to work hard to achieve a satisfactory result for customers.
- A science or technical degree or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in product testing and technical support.
- Experience in an analytical or gas detection environment.
- Good working knowledge of gas detection technology; e.g. UV spectroscopy, NDIR, PID, FID and electrochemical sensors.
- Experience in engineering including practical applications.
- Practical and logical approach to problem solving
- Capable of interfacing with customers directly in a professional manner.
- Experience in data processing, analysis and interpretation.
- Can do attitude.
- Excellent planning, critical thinking and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Be able to form constructive and positive working relationships with others.
- UK or EU settled status or permitted to work in the UK (e.g. not requiring Tier 2 sponsorship)