Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:
As an Operations Manager (Manager) at Kainos, you will be responsible managing and improving the day to day operational processes within the Business Unit (BU) which supports the management team and wider BU including sales, revenue and staff forecasting, staff allocation and recruitment forecasting, month-end closure, profitability and working capital.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Working with the Head of Operations providing input to the sector/region budgeting process and helps them ensure costs remain in line with the budget and overall scale of the business
- Responsibility for supporting the management team to achieve or exceed targeted profitability while ensuring the accuracy of the underlying data.
- Responsibility for operational processes within the sector/region within the BU such as revenue and staff forecasting, staff allocation, recruitment, or profitability.
- Working with the sector/region Leadership team to accurately forecast revenue and staff within the sector/region.
- Responsibility for the allocation of staff within a sector/region with strong awareness of the needs of both the project and individual.
- Managing and controlling staff availability while minimising downtime.
- Tracking staff utilisation initiating corrective action with Delivery Managers / Client Directors where appropriate.
- Supporting the BU recruitment process, forecasting and identifying staff requirements for all roles and levels within their sector/region working closely with the Kainos Recruitment team to meet demand.
- Working closely with the wider Sector/Region Leadership Team and Capability Leads to develop staff, ensuring there are sufficient appropriately skilled staff available to meet current and forecasted demands from both the Delivery and Sales teams.
- Enforcing compliance of the month end closure process within their sector/region including timesheet submission and approval as well as review of revenue and costs, invoicing, and debt collection.
- Approval of all non-project time ensuring accurate recording, challenging where necessary.
- Continuous improvement and refinement of operational processes and communicating and presenting these processes to the wider BU.
- Sharing and promoting operational and commercial best practice across the BU and wider Kainos.
Minimum (Essential) Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an operations or consulting environment, including at least 2 years demonstrable success in a project management or team leading role.
- Experience in staff management and allocation in professional services environment considering both the project and the individual’s needs.
- Strong commercial awareness within a professional services environment with evidence of P&L management responsibilities
- Solid understanding of all operational aspects within a business
- Demonstrable experience of creating, managing and improving process
- Experience in managing and motivating team members and leading by example.
- Excellent communication skills including experience of formal presentations and interviewing.
- Deep understanding of all roles within the Kainos Career Lattice at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills with an affable and credible persona.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of BU strategy, profitability, and staffing needs.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Ability to manage and motivate staff and lead by example.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills.
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos.
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all Kainos offices as and when required.
Who You Are
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren’t abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.