Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest healthcare charity. Join us as a Paralegal in our Legal team and play your part in our success.
You will love your career at Nuffield Health. Our unique approach to connected healthcare brings great advantages to our members and patients. It also creates amazing opportunities for you to find professional fulfilment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Advising the business on the UK’s new Points Based Immigration system
- Providing legal support and advice to the business in relation to skilled worker sponsorship and other immigration matters.
- Advising on the immigration rules, for example on which roles are eligible for the Health and Care Visa and which roles are eligible for sponsorship under the new system
- Reviewing, analysing and interpreting Home Office guidance and immigration rules
- Ensuring compliance with Home Office requirements
- Advising the business on which individuals need certificates of sponsorship and supporting with the recruitment and onboarding process
- Completing certificate of sponsorship application forms.
- Maintaining regular contact with current sponsored employees and reporting relevant changes to the Home Office on the SMS system
- Providing training to the onboarding team who carry out right to work checks on staff who require certificates of sponsorship
- Being the main point of contact for the business for sponsorship enquiries
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures in line with legislative requirements and business policies and procedures
We are looking for an individual who can engage and deliver a first class service to the business and the Legal Team, through expertise and perseverance. We will also be looking for the following, to ensure success and satisfaction:
- LLB (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of Tier 2 sponsorship is an asset but not a requirement
- Experience of using the Home Office SMS system would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable format
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
Benefits: We’re a hard-working team but we also take care of our employees so, with us, you’ll enjoy more than a competitive salary. We offer flexible working to make the most of every day and development opportunities to make you feel respected, trusted, and valued. We offer fantastic employee benefits including gym membership of our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, discounted personal training, an annual health assessment, an interest free season ticket loan, a Cycle to Work Scheme and a Retirement Savings Plan.