Walker Hamill Company Location London, United Kingdom
We are recruiting on behalf of a leading Private Equity house looking to add to their Portfolio team.
The firm provides significant support to management teams in developing and delivering their growth plans and has an active program to measure the performance of their portfolio companies on an ongoing basis. The Portfolio is performing well and the success appointee will join a high caliber team.
They are looking for an individual with an extremely commercial outlook and a keen interest in analytics.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Liaising with portfolio company finance teams and deal executives on a monthly basis to collect monthly management accounts and KPI data
- Providing financial analysis and support to ad hoc value enhancement projects
- Reviewing and analyzing the content of the quarterly portfolio reports of each investee company, prepared by the deal team
- Reviewing and analyzing the content of investee companies’ following-year budgets and any amendments to investment plans
- Assisting in fundraising data collation and validation
- Preparing quarterly investment valuations as part of fund reporting
- Monitoring debt levels, loan notes, and accrued interest calculations
- Assisting the marketing team to prepare investor reports
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of fund models
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be Big 4 or equivalent trained with an ACA or CIMA accounting qualification. 1 – 4 years of post-qualified experience in providing Transaction Services due diligence or Corporate Finance support is also required.
- Experience in a portfolio reporting team for a P/E house or fund manager preferred but not essential.
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills as they will deal with our investment team and managing partners, as well as portfolio CFOs and FCs;
- Creative and commercial thinking;
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills; financial modeling an advantage but not essential.
You must have the right to work in the UK for this role and Tier 2 sponsorship is unavailable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: email@example.com, quoting reference HC51213.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, and Fund Accountants to the UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds, and funds of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.