It is really important that our team feel safe when coming to work. We are taking extra precautions in all of our homes, including having freely available PPE, enhanced cleaning, strict hand hygiene, daily temperature checks for all team members and access to the latest information and training. As well as this, we always ensure that we are working in line with the latest Public Health England guidelines. More information on COVID-19 and our commitment to our staff and residents can be found on our website.
Registered Nurse – Ware, Herts
Location: Westgate House Care Centre, Tower Road, Ware, Herts, SG12 7LP
Salary: £15.50 to £19.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Hours: Full-time, 39 hours per week, shifts across Monday to Sunday (days and nights)
Job type: Permanent, full-time
We need you now, they need you always…
Westgate House Care Centre is a 109 bedded care home with a vibrant atmosphere where we have close links to the community and support elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs.
The Registered Nurse must take responsibility alongside the Unit Managers and Home Manager for ensuring high standards of professional practice which meet the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the residents, and they should act as a quality assurance champion, working with staff and Service Users to pioneer best practice and outcomes within the Home.
The focus of the role is to provide leadership on issues relating to clinical excellence, working within the defined company policies and procedures.
We are also an ‘A rated’ sponsor with the Home Office and can offer Tier 2 sponsorship for overseas Nurses with an active NMC PIN.
What’s On Offer
- Very competitive hourly rate with the option of overtime
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme with instant cash rewards
- Great induction and on-going training
- Career progression and support in achieving nationally recognised qualifications
- Immediate start available (subject to DBS and references)
- Accommodation/Re-location options available
- 28 days holiday entitlement (pro-rata if part time), bank holiday pay enhancements, contributory pension scheme, free DBS (refunded upon completion of probation period), free uniform, long service awards and access to discounts from hundreds of nationwide high street and online stores through the Blue Light Card
About The Role
- Support the Home Manager to effectively implement Company and Home policies and procedures and ensure that these policies and procedures are upheld at all times
- Work ‘on the floor’ as a nurse to lead by example and monitor staff in the Home on a daily basis, reporting findings to Home Manager
- Ensure that residents rights, needs and preferences are respected at all times and in a non-discriminatory fashion
- Ensure that residents are safeguarded from physical, verbal, financial or material, psychological or sexual abuse, neglect, discriminatory abuse or self-harm, inhuman or degrading treatment, through deliberate intent, negligence or ignorance, in accordance with written policies
- Work with other nurses to order and maintain an appropriate supply of medication for the residents, ensuring that it is stored, administered and recorded appropriately
- Ensure that the residents have access to key medical, social and other care workers as required
- Carry out agreed procedures for improvement of the nursing services and the reduction of cross infection
- Delegate tasks and monitor performance to ensure a high quality of service delivery
- Work with nurses and managers to ensure staff are inducted appropriately to Westgate’s Policies and Procedures
- Have full knowledge of and take responsibility to ensure adherence to infection control policies and procedures of the Department of Health and the Company at all times
- In this post you will be required to work in line with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines, NMC code of conduct and relevant legislation.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Recognised qualification as Registered Nurse
- Hold valid and current NMC registration and PIN
- Previous experience working as a Registered Nurse
- Previous experience in a care home environment or in working with the elderly is preferable, but not essential
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in and lead a team
- Applicants must have a desire to care for others and be compassionate and flexible
Come and make a difference with the team at Westgate Healthcare! #CareWithUsAtWestgate
For more information on adult social care jobs with Westgate Healthcare visit our website www.westgatehc.co.uk or speak to a member of our recruitment team on 07508 907 679.
Due to a high volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.”