Main areaVolunteerContractVoluntaryHoursFlexible working: Volunteer role TownWaltham Forest, Redbridge, Havering, Barking & Dagenham, Essex and KentClosing23/11/2020 23:59
NELFT are looking to recruit a number of Response Volunteers. This is an excellent opportunity for any one wishing to contribute to their local community by supporting NHS staff in tasks such as :-
- Providing tasks to support clinical staff
- Streaming visitors – Meet and greet
- Escorting patients between appointments
- Providing social prescribing function to support patients, relatives & carers
- Talking to patients to prevent loneliness
- Supporting patients who are anxious regarding their discharge home
- Inputting Data
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website.From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
- Response Volunteer (PDF, 369.7KB)
- Volunteer Handbook (PDF, 265.4KB)
- Volunteer agreement (PDF, 530.7KB)
- Staff Charter (PDF, 64.4KB) Apply online now