School Administrative Support Apprentice
Salary: £16,931 per annum
Location: Drayton Park Primary School, Arvon Road, London N5 1PJ
Hours : 35 hours per week (8am-4pm), Term time only
Contract: Fixed term for 2 years
Are you an enthusiastic person looking for an opportunity to gain valuable office-based work experience along with the chance to undertake a qualification at the same time? Are you looking for your first step on the ladder of work where you can learn, develop and gain valuable experience for your future career?
Drayton Park is a vibrant and successful primary school in Islington, with a high-performing, creative, child-centred, inclusive and very friendly staff. We are currently offering a 2 year fixed term apprenticeship opportunity for an individual with excellent organisational and communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude to join our administration team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join our busy school office and gain experience in administrative processes within a school/education environment.
Working as an apprentice at Drayton Park Primary School you will:
- Undertake a development programme leading to a Level 3 Business Administration qualification as part of an apprenticeship.
- Actively participate in your own development plan under the supervision of your line manager and the training provider.
- To provide a welcoming, friendly and professional service acting as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to the school, greeting all visitors, maintaining the V-Pass (visitor system) and checking ID and ensure safeguarding procedures are rigorously pursued.
- Deliver a range of administrative functions such as diary management, photocopying, scanning, filing and responding to requests for information via email, letters, telephone calls and face to face; this includes producing letters and other documents using G-Suite.
- Help maintain and update records and files through data entry on the school’s information management system (SIMs); to ensure pupil data is up to date and accurate; to facilitate the admissions and off-rolling process and help coordinate secondary school transfer files and manage the confidential transfer of pupil data.
- Assist in the completion of the school census and workforce census within the statutory deadlines.
- Constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with your own development and that of your role.
- Undertake other duties compatible with your learning and development as required.
Training and Development
Within your role, you will complete a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship funded by the School. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement).
Working At Drayton Park Primary School
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager.
After you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the School or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the School and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
This apprenticeship is ideal for a person with excellent teamwork skills, the ability to multi-task and the motivation to contribute new ideas and support their team.
To Apply For This Role, You Must
- Be a 16+ Islington resident, Islington care leaver or former Islington secondary school student within the previous 12 months. We encourage applications aged 16-24 however applicants of all ages will be considered.
- Be unemployed/economically inactive (working no more than 16 hours a week).
- Not currently be qualified in Business Administration or similar discipline at level 3 or above.
If you are excited by this challenging opportunity, please download and submit an application form to
Closing Date: Midday, Monday 16th November 2020
Selection: Week commencing Monday 16th November 2020
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 23rd November 2020
Apprenticeship Start Date: December 2020/January 2021 (TBC)
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application, please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or email
Drayton Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check will be required. Also, if this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to declare.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.