Reporting to the Battery Systems Manager, this is an interesting, varied role where you will be involved in the development of a wide range of battery systems for applications including automotive, aviation and aerospace, marine, and defense. We work with a number of development and integration partners to deliver the complete battery systems and grow our in-house capability for the development of proof of concept batteries. The company encourages original thinking to produce innovative solutions for developing the technology further.
Role and responsibilities:
- Technical Lead role responsible for a complete design of a prototype battery system within a Project
- Lead a small team of engineers within the project structure
- Requirements analysis and engineering specification development
- Strong understanding of Battery Management Systems algorithms development
- Conduct FMEA and Safety analysis
- Act as a main technical point of contact for customer interaction
- Liaising with external design contractors and battery integration partners
- System integration and testing
- Embedded software development
- Able to write technical documents
- Shape the company’s future by actively driving and contributing to the Battery Development Strategy, and taking ownership of a specific strategic development area
- Implementing safe systems of work
The following skills are essential:
- Excellent understanding and demonstrable experience in Battery System design
- Able to make data-driven design decisions
- Product development or research experience in battery system design
- Good understanding of system engineering principles (V-cycle)
- Battery management systems or comparable complex safety-critical system experience
- Able to conduct FMEA and safety analysis
- Control strategies and algorithms development
- Experience in real-time embedded C software implementation
- Testing through appropriate software and hardware platforms
- Basic understanding of mechanical and thermal design
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Good appreciation of health and safety in an engineering environment
- Highly disciplined, analytical, and well organized
As a small company, we are looking for a ‘can-do’ attitude that can deliver quality results in a short timescale, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks are essentials and we expect a hands-on approach when necessary. This can involve anything from circuit design, software coding, through to battery assembly, testing, and integration into the target application. Occasional international travel may be required.
The successful candidate should have either an Electrical Engineering degree and have several years’ experience in a Product Development environment.
Due to the nature of the work, we are only able to offer this role as a full-time position.
A competitive salary of £45,000 – £55,000 per annum is on offer dependent on experience, plus excellent company benefits including 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays with the additional holiday over the Christmas period, 5 paid carer’s days, life assurance, contributory pension, and private healthcare.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th October 2020.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK as Tier 2 visa sponsorship is not provided.
Applications will be assessed as they are received so early submission is recommended.
The first interview will be held by video conference and the final Interview will be face to face at our head office at our office at Nuffield Way, Abingdon.