“I joined Speechmatics as Office Manager when it was in its infancy and have seen it grow from strength to strength. The Business Operations team truly works with every area of the business. We work hard to make sure every team member has all that they need to do a great job and put Speechmatics on the map as the leading contender in the Speech Recognition market. We are also key in being advocates of our culture ensuring that every Speechling is welcomed to the company and feels supported to develop their personal strengths and reach their goals. Come and join the fun!”
– Charlotte Brown, Facilities Manager at Speechmatics
Speechmatics leads the market as an any-context speech recognition engine for companies to rapidly build innovative applications at scale. The UK Government, Deloitte UK, Vonage, what3words and Adobe use Speechmatics in scenarios such as contact centers, CRM, consumer electronics, security, media and entertainment and software. Speechmatics processes millions of hours of transcription worldwide every month.
As a recognized pioneer in machine learning voice engineering, Speechmatics enables companies to build applications that detect and transcribe voice in any context in real-time. Its neural networks consider acoustics, languages, dialects, multiple speakers, punctuation, capitalization, context and implicit meanings. In 2019, Speechmatics received the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Innovation.
Speechmatics is a rapidly growing, global company with offices in Cambridge, UK, Denver, USA, Chennai, India and Brno, Czech Republic. With ambitious growth plans comes great opportunities that are exciting and progressive. You’ll be working with some of the smartest minds in the industry, working on cutting-edge projects and deploying the latest machine learning techniques to disrupt the market. You’ll provide customers with the best speech technology available, while immersed in a great team and company culture. We’re building a company that strives to be world-leading and we’re looking for people who wholeheartedly believe they can be additive to our team, bring new ideas and join us on our journey. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our newly formed Business Operations Team. With real personal drive and energy, you will demonstrate that you can bring insight, professionalism and wisdom to your advice and have the ability to operate with staff at all levels in the organisation, to lead the People function.
Working as People Manager you will be responsible for supporting our global team. As well as working closely with the Head of Business Operations and other members of the Business Operations Team, you will have a key role working collaboratively across the company delivering a fit-for-purpose suite of HR interventions, practices and processes that support the organisation as we scale.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to join a growing technology company at a relatively early stage, who believes in delivering a great place to work and sees the value that honest, authentic and practical HR practices can bring to an organisation.
- Supporting the Head of Business Operations and others in ensuring Speechmatics becomes and remains an employer of choice
- Management of the talent acquisition processes and key initiative to attract the best talent
- Overseeing the employee lifecycle administrative processes including formal offer, onboarding, employee retention, and leaver process
- Working with the Head of Business Operations to design, implement and continually improve a world-class innovative onboarding program
- Analysis of employee engagement data, and providing recommendations for improvements
- Implementing and improving HR processes and policies
- Actively partnering with line managers to support them with people related / employee relations items incl performance, grievance, disciplinary etc.
- Supporting the Facilities Manager to implement Health & Safety practices
- Working with the Facilities Manager to implement first-class Learning & Development frameworks
- Managing our benefits and perks offering, working with the Facilities Manager to administer
- Solid relevant HR experience in a technology or scaling business, perhaps as a People Manager or HR Business Partner
- Talent acquisition experience
- High level of focus on quality, service and a track record of delivery
- Effective communication, presentation, engagement and influencing skills
- The ability to handle changing priorities, significant ambiguity and accepting responsibility to act on their own initiative
- Strong ethos of team working
- Good IT skills; ability to use Microsoft Office packages including Work, Excel and Outlook. Training will also be given
- Excellent relationship building skills
- High level of attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in person, by telephone and in email
- Driven and self-motivated
- CIPD level 5 or 7 (or working towards)
- Experience with PeopleHR, Workable or other relevant HR systems
- Experience of creating, not just using, innovative HR ideas and best practices
- Experience with UK immigration (Tier 2 sponsorship)
- Payroll experience
Competitive salary (dependent on experience), flexible working and some awesome benefits and perks. Candidates looking for full-time, part-time or flexible opportunities are very welcome to apply.
Who are we?
Our vision at Speechmatics is to deliver products that unlock meaning at scale by applying machine learning to understanding communication.
Innovation is what we do. We build, we iterate, we develop the next thing that delivers that wow moment. We see value in building long-term, authentic relationships that last and are based on trust and honesty. With our customers, our colleagues, our leaders, our suppliers or within our local community. Our journey should be fun and exciting. We will celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes together along the way. We embrace learning and change to grow naturally and organically as a company and individuals. We trust, we’re honest, kind and respectful.