Speciality Doctor – Learning Disabilities
Are you an outstanding Speciality or Associate Specialist Doctor looking for your next role in psychiatry with a competitive salary?
We have exciting new opportunities for Speciality Doctors to join The Cygnet Healthcare team across the Scottish Residential Services.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. They have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes.
This is a full-time position (6 programmed activities) providing psychiatric care to service users in 3 residential/nursing homes in Dundee and 1 in Dunblane. The specialist residential/nursing services offer care and support in a structured and therapeutic environment for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Your Role Responsibilities-
The post holder will be working alongside two part time consultants based at Wallace hospital in Dundee who will provide regular supervision and to whom you report to. The post holder will also have responsibility for auditing the medical services rendered at the services and ensuring their good quality in accordance to GMC and other relevant professional guidelines. Moreover, the post holder will have responsibility for upholding the Company’s policies and procedures and protecting the Company’s interests as appropriate.
The post will include on call responsibilities on a 1 in 4 basis.
The post holder will be the responsible clinician and will oversee and maintain the care of all ward inpatients as required. The post holder will also have responsibility for auditing the medical services rendered at the ward and ensuring their good quality in accordance to GMC standards of good medical practice and other relevant professional guidelines. Moreover, the post holder will have responsibility for upholding the Companys policies and procedures and protecting the Companys interests as appropriate.
We Are Looking For People Who Have-
- Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
- Relevant experience within a Learning Disabilities environment is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgment / experience in making clinical decision and managing risk and knows when to seek help
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Desirable: Royal College of Psychiatrists membership (MRCPsych) or equivalent
- Salary of up to £90,000
- Support from an on-site Consultant Psychiatrist, Medical Director and multi-disciplinary team
- Medical indemnity cover
- CPD support and study leave
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Free Meals
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Learning and development
- Tier 2 Sponsorship
- With us, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your career to Consultant level through our prestigious CESR programme.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you may be interested in this role then please apply and send your CV.