Are you an outstanding Specialty or Associate Specialist Doctor looking for your next challenge in psychiatry, learning disabilities – and a competitive salary?
With us, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your career to Consultant level through our prestigious CESR programme.
We have an opportunity for a full-time Specialty Doctor to shape services at Cygnet Wast Hills – while being fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team.
This role involves providing Psychiatric care to adult inpatients with Learning Disabilities at Cygnet Wast Hills Hospital, Lodge and Annex, and our residential care homes at Cygnet Toller Road and Willow Care Home.
Cygnet Wast Hills is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC
Your Role Responsibilities…
- Provide high quality treatment under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
- Provide up-to-date clinical information at all meetings
- Ensure that medical decisions are implemented as planned
- Audit medical services & ensure compliance with GMC & other professional guidelines
- Uphold policies & procedures and contribute to service governance & development
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Competitive salary
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where you’ll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- Financial support for further training & personal development
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
- Tier 2 Sponsorship
We Are Looking For Someone Who Is…
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Preferably approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
Our CESR programme
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level – and you’ll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
You’ll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development – and you’ll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.
Located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, Cygnet Wast Hills is an award winning Good CQC rated specialist autism hospital, which provides assessment and treatment for up to 25 men and women with autism, who are also living with learning disabilities and complex needs.
Cygnet Wast Hills is an impressive period property, set in six acres of gardens and formerly part of the Cadbury estate. The service consists of three autism provisions, which provide different levels of support depending on the individual.
Within Cygnet Wast Hills there are many good sized living areas and people can choose to use a gender specific lounge or be in mixed company. Other facilities include two on site sensory rooms, a computer room and two activity rooms. In addition there is a life skills kitchen where people are supported to make their own drinks and prepare food. The people we support at Wast Hills also have access to extensive outside space.
Cygnet Wast Hills has received the Autism Accreditation from the National Autistic Society (NAS)
Some of Our Recent Awards at Wast Hills
- National Learning Disability and Autism Awards 2018 – The Great Autism Practice Award – Wast Hills Team (Winner)
- National Learning Disability and Autism Awards 2018 – The Learning Disability Nurse Award – Charge Nurse Warren Cocker (Finalist)
- RCNi Nurse Awards 2018 – The Learning Disability Nurse Award – Charge Nurse Warren Cocker (Finalist)
- Laing Buisson Awards 2017 – Rising Star Award – Amy Childs (Former Service Manager, now Midlands Consultant Nurse) (Winner)
- Nursing Times Awards 2017 – Team of the Year Award – Wast Hills Team (Finalist)