BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
We are looking to hire a Transformational Project Manager for a fixed period of 12 months.
This role sits within our Business Implementation & Transformation department, which covers the implementation of projects and change that impact UK MESA. This role will cover the delivery of projects across all local products and services bought or booked in the UK MESA regions (MOPK, FA, IRP, GC, LC, CTS,DFS). A Project Manager will manage projects of varying sizes and complexity.
Purpose & Scope Of The Position
To act as a project manager in support of the change culture that enables and empowers improvement. The post holder will be required to deliver assigned projects for the client implementation/transformation agenda for both internal and client led activity for UK MESA, including those where client delivery deliverables are a component part of a more transversal/global programmes. The role ensures the smooth and efficient delivery of all assigned projects within client delivery, maximising benefits whilst minimising risk. Projects will be delivered following the BI&T best practice approach, utilising the standard documents and adhering to the BI&T control environment. The post holder will need to build positive relationships with all key stakeholders, raising the profile of the BI&T team, ensuring the team is a highly respected both internally and externally. This must be delivered within the boundaries of the project managers responsibilities. By delivering a first class implementation track record for all project activity we will build a positive reputation to support future new business wins.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role
- Lead, manage and deliver assigned projects within the portfolio, ensuring adherence to group and local standards, following the BI&T best practice approach and control environment.
- Mobilise projects by supporting the sponsor in completing business cases to be presented at the relevant internal forums (e.g. PPB) for approval. Interact with all key contributors (Ops. IT etc.) to secure required resource. Ensure all internal approvals (BAC etc.) have been obtained.
- Define the projects scope, objectives and deliverables for approval by all internal and external stakeholders.
- Set and implement the projects governance, relevant to its size and complexity. Lead the working group and steering group meetings.
- Lead the project jointly with clients, developing and maintaining productive working relationships and managing the communication with day to day client contacts, and other stakeholders.
- Preparing realistic project and quality plans and tracking activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Set and track the project budget and resource allocation and flag any variances for attention.
- Co-ordinate due diligence, liaising with the SMEs to complete Q&A / workshops as required and define solutions and gap analysis.
- Lead production of the due diligence report, liaising with SMEs to define the scope and operating models proposed
- Support identification and tracking of project risks, actions, issues and dependencies
- Managing the scope of a project via a defined change control process to ensure project deliverables are realised within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets
- Ensuring that projects are formally closed, subsequently reviewed via PIR (where appropriate) and that lessons learned are recorded and related actions closed.
- Co-ordinate the completion of the required IT set ups and releases (including any derogations required), following BPSS IT protocols.
- Support local / global BI&T initiatives, as required.
- The role holder will be expected to lead projects of a medium/large size/complexity, covering multi-product / multi-location deals/events, utilising high levels of experience built up in the industry and the role, facing off to the project team and senior managers at the client.
Skills and Experience required
- Proven history of project experience, successfully leading small/medium transformational/implementation projects
- Proven understanding of project management disciplines, gained through practical experience.
- Proven ability to successfully participate and deliver small/medium sized transformational/implementation projects in a matrix environment.
- Is able to use initiative to accurately assess new situations and potential solutions that have no precedent.
- Able to influence others not under their direct control.
- Cultural awareness and able to see things from others point of view.
- Strong integrity to deal with conflicting interest from multiple stakeholders.
- Prioritisation skills – able to assess multiple scenarios and present pros and cons of each and propose most appropriate course of action.
- Ability to plan and organise workload, taking into account relative and conflicting priorities, seeking win/win solutions where possible and mitigating negative impacts where not.
- Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Proven client facing skills.
- Good at building strong working relationships, across all levels of the company and with clients.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a demonstrable track record of successfully interacting, influencing and communicating at all levels with due regard to the nature of the intended audience.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to drive and champion change.
- Excellent attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.
- Tenacious and pro-active.
- Team player but able to work independently where required.
- Commercial acumen.
- A strong knowledge of our organisation, our products and our people.
- Exposure to asset management, asset owner and/or financial intermediaries segments.
- Experience or awareness of a range of banking products, such as; middle office, fund accounting, client reporting, performance measurement, corporate trusts solutions, global custody, local custody, forex.
- Broad understanding of different markets, asset classes and instruments typically used within investment banking and fund administration, such as equities, commodities, FX, bonds, swaps, options etc.
- Experience working with offshore centres
- Formal certification from a recognised professional body (e.g. Prince & or PMI) preferable.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Please note that we are unable to progress applications at this time from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General Visa. The role does not meet the required skill level for us to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship under Tier 2
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS