The UK government recently announced wide-ranging changes to its Immigration Rules, including the launch of three new routes. These are Global Business Mobility – which allows high potential individuals with international experience and entrepreneurs who have obtained at least premerger compatibility certification from their home country’s equivalent authority; High Potential Individualism Plus (HPIP) scheme aimed at preventing talented people from being shut out by borders so they can work across Europe without restrictions or excess paperwork like other applicants face when entering through normal channels, and finally, Scale Up entrepreneurship program designed especially for growing businesses desperately needing access beyond just London but also Ireland.

With these changes being implemented between 11 April and 22 August 2022, Pat Saini, head of immigration, outlines the new criteria for these visa routes.

High Potential Individual Visa

This route opened on 30 May 2022.

The Global Universities List from the Home Office is used to determine who can enter Britain with a High Potential Individual Visa. This visa category has been created for international graduates of the top 50 universities around the world, so if you’re a graduate from one of those schools then your chances of getting nominated by UK authorities are higher than others! Under this category:

  • If you are eligible, come to the UK without sponsorship for up to two years or if hold a Ph.D. equivalent then three.
  • If you’re applying with your dependent, they are eligible to come along for the ride!
  • Scale-Up Visa

    The route is due to open to new applications on 22 August 2022.

    The UK’s new Scale-up Visa is a game changer for small businesses looking to hire abroad. The visa will allow these entrepreneurs and their foreign talent in, making it easier than ever before with one simple process! Under this category:

  • Those with the relevant skillset will be able to obtain sponsorship from a UK company, which meets all of your requirements for scale up.
  • For six months, your employer sponsors you and can exert control over what type of work you do during this time period – but once it’s over they no longer have any say in how or where you go from there!
  • With a two-year visa, you can apply for an extension of three more years. After ten totaltime spent in the UK and with permission from your employer (if applicable), permanent residency will be possible! If not satisfied by then or wanting something else entirely? There is always “indefinite leave” which allows anyone who has been legally resident here long enough stay without having any requirements other than showing they’re entitled wages every week – but this takes five.
  • The dependent(s) of the application may be eligible to join/accompany with the applicant.
  • Global Business Mobility Visa

    The Global Business Mobility routes can be used by both UK businesses and overseas entities that are looking to expand their workforce or send workers over from abroad.

    The visa routes do not lead to settlement, and permission in these speedy applications will count towards the qualifying period of stay required for settling. Dependents can apply with you as an applicant if they are eligible – though it’s important that any family members know their requirements well ahead before coming here!

    There are five categories under this route; these include:

    • The Senior or Specialist Worker route – for overseas workers who are undertaking temporary work assignments in the UK, where the worker is a senior manager or specialist employee and is being assigned to a UK business linked to their employer overseas.
    • The Graduate Trainee route – For overseas workers on graduate training courses, this route is for when they need to do temporary work in the UK while completing their education.
    • The UK Expansion Worker route – Overseas workers who are undertaking temporary work assignments in the UK, where they will be assigned to a business’s expansion into British markets.
    • The Service Supplier route – The Overseas Worker Route is for overseas workers who are undertaking temporary work assignments in the UK, where they either form part of a contractual service supplier employed by an international trade agreement government or self-employed independent professional. They need to provide services covered under one of these agreements and will be allowed access while here on their assignment.
    • The Secondment Worker route – This route is for overseas workers who are seconded to the UK as part of a high-value contract or investment by their employer, usually in an international setting.

    The Global Talent visa, Skilled Worker visa, and Start-up innovator are three popular routes that may help tech companies accommodate their workforce. However, it’s important to check which one will be most suitable for you because not all of these options work equally well in every situation!